Pages

Demo Reel

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Environment for next semester !

One of my big projects for quarter 6 is doing an environment model.

So, over the break I'm scouting locations for my model.

I haven't decided which location I'm going to make, but here are a few ideas that I'm kicking around.

The showcase in front of the Nova Scotia Art Gallery

The Dominion Public Building on Bedford Row


The Alexander Keiths Brewery Market


The Nova Scotia Divinity College

The Halifax Armory on Agricola St.

The Halifax Commons Fountain

The Halifax Commons Skate Park


Quinpool Education Centre

Quinpool Video Difference

Quinpool Tower Apartments Green Space

Most of these are Halifax landmarks, the green space is actually a park that is located on top of an apartment building!

I like all the locations but I think my favorites are the Skate Park, the Greenspace, the Brewery Market, and Video Difference.

The skate park is nice, due to its large size, but its relatively low detail, most of the interest comes from the texturing of that environment, however I'm not super into skating, and I think one of my classmates may be interested in it as well.

I like the Green space, because it is a neat area that many people, haven't seen.
But it has a lot of trees and plants, which I feel may give me some trouble when modeling. Also, I think having a recognizable location on my demo reel would be a good thing.

I love movies and Video Difference is my favorite video store. There is a great deal of detail on the storefront, which could make an impressive model, and I love their neon sign.

I still haven't decided, and will keep looking for new locations around Halifax this week. I am trying to stay away from modeling my apartment, as that has been very popular at school in the past.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you decided on Video Difference, I like how it turned out in your final version.

    Mom - and the kitties.

    ReplyDelete